Autumn...Nippy Evenings, Pakoras & Toe Socks ! :)

Friday 23 April 2010

It is in Bangalore that my life probably means to change...I'm clueless however, for better or for worse?
I'm growing...Comprehending my situation with different perspectives...Learning new tricks of the trade...Meeting people of either side of the pole...Wondering one moment how lame, people are and in the very next moment, smiling at my own ignorance...Missing home desperately and realizing how "small town" I am and loving myself a little more in light of this revelation...
It rains every evening in Bangalore...I often step out for a cup of tea from the roadside vendor and cannot resist a walk in the drizzle...I watch the chaos around me...As my tea splatters over the cup, I see people brimming over the roads...Cars and bikes and people...I feel like a speck amidst thousand others like me...
I feel the feebleness of a mortal when I cross the elderly lady hunching over her walking stick for support...My troubles seem trivial when I watch the middle aged man dragging along in his age old Vespa...I feel the pangs of loneliness when a besotted couple walk past me, oblivious to the ruckus...My curiosity is aroused just like the toddler tightly clutching his mother's saree as he lays a terrified glance at the leper begging on the sidewalk...
Bangalore will show me the dream many see...From Forum at Koramangala, to Wonderla...From the Sports Bar at the 100 Feet Road to the splendid Nandi Hills...I see all that lures...
But when I feel nonchalant, when I'm amazed but not overwhelmed, when I learn and I can also unlearn, I realize that I've grown...

2 comments:

rishabh said...

Philosophical !

Unknown said...

Loved this post of yours! :-)