Autumn...Nippy Evenings, Pakoras & Toe Socks ! :)

Sunday 4 April 2010

Walking On...

"I choose the road less travelled...
The path runs dark, canopied by trees, a babel of whispering leaves following me...It seems to be the abode of spirits, sprites, angels and demons alike...
They are undaunted, I am petrified...

I wish my path would come to an end, it surges ahead...I fear I can never catch up...

The woods grow dense, swallowing the narrowing road...The branches swipe across my face, the pebbles crush beneath my feet...I bleed...

A wild flower meets my tired gaze...I pluck the flower and smile, it smiles back...My wounds are healed...

A monarch flutters by and I fall in love...It stops awhile, I plead it to fly beside me...It flies away...My heart breaks...I look at the crumpled flower in my palm, it still smiles back...I bleed some more...

Eventually, the road forks...I choose the path that runs anew...

From lush green fields, the road deceptively runs through a scorched desert, the afternoon sun glares down mercilessly...My flower has left my side...Only deceitful mirages remain...

Weary and parched, I trudge on..."

1 comment:

rishabh said...

Beautifully put.I'm a fan !